Applying for new credit should never be stressful, but it should be continuously sought after since credit is better than cash. That’s why you should always pre-qualify when you are unsure of your chances.
Pre-qualifying for a new credit card is like a cheat code. It allows you to see exactly what cards you qualify for without adding a credit inquiry to your credit score.
The following chart was compiled by scouring many credit related message boards. Use this to pre-qualify for your next credit card. Read the instructions below as well.
|Banks||Pre-Qualify Links||Reconsideration Lines||Credit Bureaus Pulled|
|American Express||Personal: Pre-Qualify Link|
Business: Pre-Qualify Link
|Bank of America||Pre-Qualify Link||Personal: 1-800-732-9194|
|Experian and/or TransUnion|
|Barclays||Must receive pre-approve offer through mail||Personal: 1-866-408-4064|
|Capital One||Pre-Qualify Link||1-800-625-7866||Equifax, Experian, and/or TransUnion|
|Chase||Pre-Qualify Link||Personal: 1-888-270-2127|
|Equifax and/or Experian|
|Citibank||Pre-Qualify Link||Personal: 1-800-695-5171|
|Discover||Pre-Qualify Link||1-888-676-3695||Equifax and/or Experian|
|HSBC Bank||Must receive pre-approve offer through mail||1-888-385-8916||Equifax and/or TransUnion|
|PNC||Must receive pre-approve offer through mail||1-800-762-2265||Experian|
|Synchrony Financial||Must receive pre-approve offer through mail||1-866-226-5638||Experian and/or TransUnion|
|USAA||To pre-qualify you must already be a member. If so, follow these steps:||1-800-531-8722||Experian|
|U.S. Bank||Must receive pre-approve offer through mail||1-800-947-1444||Equifax and/or TransUnion|
|Wells Fargo||Must receive pre-approve offer through mail||1-866-412-5956||Experian and/or TransUnion|
NOTE: Bank phone numbers and links change regularly. Notify me via the comments if you have any updates for this chart.
Step-By-Step: How To Use This Chart
If your credit scores are all above 730 and it’s been over 2 months since you’ve last applied for new credit, then you shouldn’t need this chart. Chances are you will most likely get approved for any new credit card.
However if this is not you, then proceed.
- Get your credit score from the 3 bureaus and write down the numbers.
- Whatever bureau is your highest, target a bank that pulls from the credit bureau based on the above chart..
- Click that bank’s Pre-Qualify link if it exists.
- Fill out the information on the form.
- IMPORTANT: Look for the words “You pre-qualify”. If it doesn’t say that, you may not be pre-qualified.
- If pre-qualified, apply. (NOTE: If the card you want is listed below, use my affiliate link so that I too may get rewards. Thank you!)
- If approved, skip to step 10.
- If denied, call the reconsideration line.
- Find out why you weren’t approved and be prepared to state your case as to why you should be approved.
- Notify me via the comments of any updates the chart needs.
My Favorite Credit Cards
|Card||Offer||Spend Requirement||Annual Fee||Points / Cash Back Rewards||Perks||Link|
|American Express® Gold Card||40,000 Membership Rewards® Points = $400||$2,000 in 3 months||$250 (waived first year)||Apply Now ▶|
|Blue Cash Everyday® Credit Card from American Express||$200||$1,000 in 3 months||$0||Apply Now ▶|
|Chase Freedom® Credit Card||15,000 Ultimate Rewards® points = $150||$500 in 3 months||$0||Apply Now ▶|
|Chase Ink Business Preferred℠ Credit Card||80,000 Ultimate Rewards® points = $800||$5,000 in 3 months||$95||3X points per dollar on the first $150,000 combined spending in the following categories:||Apply Now ▶|
Share the love and feel good inside